When the Lord calls you to do anything for His kingdom- be it in the marketplace, business, marriage, or ministry- it goes without saying that you will likely face resistance from the enemy’s camp.
The resistance and opposition from the enemy are meant to taunt, discourage, distract, and derail you from fulfilling your assignment or occupying the land.
To be honest, when you get hit from all angles by the enemy’s fiery darts and weapons, it’s nothing fun to write home about. In fact, depending on the intensity of the warfare, you might find yourself all over the place because of your emotions- momentarily forgetting whose child you are in the first place.
I recently celebrated my birthday, and 2 days post-birthday, I encountered warfare that lasted about a week. 2 different scenarios where I had to stand and contend. In one instance, the warfare was an old tactic the enemy had previously used- delay and frustration-and I was familiar with how to deal with it. The other scenario was a different type of warfare which involved battling against witchcraft. This type of warfare was new to me, and I quickly witnessed firsthand that the Lord means business when He says He himself will fight for you (Exodus 14:14 - NLT) and that He is with us wherever we go (Joshua 1:9).
As you carry out the Lord’s assignment, remember and carry these truths in your heart as you go along the journey. Think of these like your multivitamins to keep your mind and heart prepared and fit.
1. The Lord is with you wherever you go. When His hand is on you, when you call on Him, He will surely help you. (Isaiah 59:1). You need not worry about facing the opposition that comes with fulfilling your assignment alone. The Lord will surely rescue you from the fiery darts from the enemy’s camp (Isaiah 49:11 and Isaiah 54:17).
2. There is power in the name of Jesus. The name of Jesus is above every other name, and at His name, every knee will bow in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:9-10). Demons submit to the name of Jesus (Luke 10:17), meaning that when faced with resistance and opposition from the enemy’s camp, put your faith to work, take authority, and issue a cease and desist order to the enemy in the name of Jesus. The warfare will cease (Matthew 17:10).
3. The Lord watches over His word to perform it (Jeremiah 1:12). Wield the power of decreeing Bible verses over the hardship or opposition you face and watch how quickly and powerfully the Lord’s Word will bring the attack to a grinding halt (Hebrews 4:12).
4. The Holy Spirit and angelic assistance are a very present help. The Lord commands thousands of angels whom He sends out on various assignments, including offering protection to His children (Matthew 26:53), fighting battles (Joshua 5:13-15), etc. Don’t hesitate to ask your Heavenly Father to send you angelic assistance when faced with warfare. Sometimes, due to battle fatigue or fear, you may find that you do not know what to pray in a specific moment of intense warfare. In such an instance, utilize your tongues or ask the Holy Spirit to pray through you (Romans 8:26-27). Then, when you find stillness in the Lord’s presence, the enemy’s schemes will not frazzle you.
5. Put your hope in the Lord, travel steadily along His path, and He will honor you by giving you the land. You will see the wicked destroyed. (Psalm 37:34- NLT)