REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE
Have you noticed how there is a deliberate effort to cause confusion and doubt over who we are? The culture has us questioning everything from our purpose, the reason for being alive, specific spots in the earth, and everything else in between. Through the overwhelm, many of us have become caught up in comparisonitis- leading to a sense of insecurity about who we are, jealousy, envy, and even anger over those who seem to know who they are.
As believers, the foundation of our identity is rooted in Genesis 1:26 and 27, which tells us that we are made in the image and likeness of God.
Psalm 139 reiterates that:
• Father God knows everything about you (verse 1)
• God made all the delicate, inner parts of our bodies and knit us together in our mothers’ wombs (verse 13)
• We have been made so wonderfully complex and God’s workmanship is marvelous (verse 14)
• God watched us as we were being formed in utter seclusion, as we were woven together in the dark of the womb (verse 15)
• Even before we were born, God recorded every day of our lives in His Book, and He laid out every moment before a single day had passed (verse 16)
• God’s thoughts about us are precious and cannot be numbered (verse 17)
To remain confident and firmly rooted in our identity, we must remember that the Creator of the universe gave careful thought to us. EVERYTHING about us was intentionally laid out.
May you be encouraged as you read through these specific Bible verses that your identity was already secured way before God put the foundations of the earth place.
Feel free to download the accompanying affirmations as wallpapers for your phones, as a visual reminder of your rich identity.