Have you ever stopped to think about our words' incredible impact on life's crazy journey? Well, in this blog post, we're diving into the good stuff – 11 Bible verses that spill the beans on just how powerful our words can be. These verses are like little gems, giving us the lowdown on how what we say and write can seriously shake things up. We're talking about shaping our reality, building connections, and leaving a lasting mark on the world.
Be careful of the words you sling for the rest of the year.
1. It’s your heart, not the dictionary, that gives meaning to your words. A good person produces good deeds and words season after season. An evil person is a blight on the orchard. Let me tell you something: Every one of these careless words is going to come back to haunt you. There will be a time of Reckoning. Words are powerful; take them seriously. Words can be your salvation. Words can also be your damnation (Matthew 12:37, MSG)
2. A man will be satisfied with good from the fruit of his words, And the deeds of a man’s hands will return to him [as a harvest] (Proverbs 12:14, AMP).
3. I assure you and most solemnly say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea!’ and does not doubt in his heart [in God’s unlimited power], but believes that what he says is going to take place, it will be done for him [in accordance with God’s will] (Mark 11:23, AMP).
4. Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless (James 1:26, NIV).
5. You have been trapped by what you said, ensnared by the words of your mouth (Proverbs 6:2, NIV).
6. Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it and indulge it will eat its fruit and bear the consequences of their words (Proverbs 18:21, AMP).
7. A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger (Proverbs 15:1, NIV).
8. Those who guard their lips preserve their lives, but those who speak rashly will come to ruin (Proverbs 13:3, NIV).
9. A bit in the mouth of a horse controls the whole horse. A small rudder on a huge ship in the hands of a skilled captain sets a course in the face of the strongest winds. A word out of your mouth may seem of no account, but it can accomplish nearly anything—or destroy it! It only takes a spark, remember, to set off a forest fire. A careless or wrongly placed word out of your mouth can do that. By our speech we can ruin the world, turn harmony to chaos, throw mud on a reputation, send the whole world up in smoke and go up in smoke with it, smoke right from the pit of hell (James 3:5, MSG).
10. Do you see someone who speaks in haste? There is more hope for a fool than for them (Proverbs 29:20, NIV).
11. I will give you the keys (authority) of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind [forbid, declare to be improper and unlawful] on earth will have [already] been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose [permit, declare lawful] on earth will have [already] been loosed in heaven (Matthew 16:19, AMP).